Fodor's New Orleans (2011-present)
Revised and substantially expanded restaurant, nightlife and neighborhood coverage.
- Author, New
Orleans' Best Bars (2010)
iPhone app that features the city's greatest bars.
- Local Editor, Zagat/Google Survey New
Editor of restaurant, nightlife, and shopping listings.
- Featured contributor and columnist,
NOLA.com | The
Write regular features on dining and drinks; contribute weekly New Orleans Drinks column.
New Orleans' Best Bars (2010)
Wrote an iPhone app guide to the city's best bars.
- Author, Night+Day New
Orleans (Feb. 2007; Mar. 2009)
Wrote and edited a complete guide to post-Katrina New Orleans.
- Food Editor, OffBeat Magazine
Contributed monthly review and features on food and entertainment.
- Food Critic and Contributor,
Reviewed restaurants and covered the New Orleans dining scene.
- Dining and Wine Editor, New Orleans
Wrote monthly restaurant reviews.
- Food Critic and Contributing Writer,
Wrote a weekly restaurant review, a food news column, CD and book reviews and features on music, nightlife and food culture.
- Freelance Writer (2004-present)
Contributed columns, features and reviews to the Food Arts, Go Magazine (AirTran inflight), Cheers Magazine, the Chronicle of Higher Education, and Honest Tunes.
- Professional Member, The James Beard
Judge for annual restaurant awards.
- Lecturer, Tulane University
Teach Spanish literature, grammar and conversation classes.
- Volunteer Host, eGullet
Society for Culinary Arts (2007-2009)
Host for regional food and culinary culture discussion forums.
- Trustee, Telluride
Association, Inc. (1996-2008)
Helped oversee non-profit educational foundation and chaired committee that managed $45 million endowment.
- Graduate Instructor, University of
Taught Spanish grammar and literature classes. President of the graudate student council.
- Lecturer, University of Lille,
Taught English conversation classes.
- 2004 -- Ph.D., Spanish Literature, University of Virginia (Raven Society Member)
- 1996 -- A.B., summa cum laude, Comparative Literature, Washington University in St. Louis
- 1994 -- Junior Year Abroad, University of Salamanca, Spain
- Food, nightlife, cocktails, jazz, travel, education and the non-profit sector.